We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You can be assured that any information we ask you for from which you can be identified when using this website will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- your name
- contact information including postal address, telephone number and email address
- your purchase history with us
We do not have access to or store your credit card details, nor do we share your personal information with any third parties.
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We hold this information about you for one or more of the following reasons:
- to process and deliver purchases you made on our website
- to send service messages relating to purchases you made on our website
- to provide customer service and support, and handle your returns
- to send you information by email, SMS, or post, about new products and services that we think you will have a legitimate interest in
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to find out what you and other customers like
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We do not pass any personal information regarding your account to any third parties. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
In all honesty, we are not the hottest email marketers and will rarely send you any marketing emails. However, if you have asked us to, we’ll periodically send you marketing messages by email, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our new products.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by either clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications, such as order updates.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
We will only keep your personal information for a limited period of time. This period will depend on a number of reasons, such whether we still need to deliver to you, or you have an account with us, or we are providing ongoing customer care to you, or you have asked us to stay in touch with you.
We will undertake a review of all the personal data we hold every 3 years to determine what we still need to keep and what can be deleted. If we deem you to be an inactive customer or you have not engaged with any of our communications during this period, we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish us to keep any of your personal data, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and request to delete all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you are no longer a customer or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us on email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Akong London website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use our website.